Friday, February 17, 2012

Get Well Soon Anthony and Burt

Hi Everyone!!  I am here on this Friday with another sneak peek of the Anthony and Burt stamp sets.  This stamp collection will soon be available at Crafter's Companion. I am really loving this new stamp collection.

My project today used the Get Well Soon Anthony and Burt stamp set. My card is based on when you are sick and feeling blue.


 I used blue as my card base and added some very soft yellow.  Anthony and Burt are stamped onto cryogen card stock and colored with alcohol markers.

 Closer look at my colored image:
 
 I took and stamped the sentiment onto a strip of card stock and then decided I wanted it to look like a banner, so I cut out a notch on each end.  I took and added some pop dots to each end of the banner and also in the middle so when I put the banner onto my card it is only attached at the ends and in the middle, so it is wavy.

  Closer look at my banner:
 
 I used a border punch for my bottom borders and the corner punch that matches for my top corners.  I added some white pearls, I also wanted a few of the pearls to be blue, so I colored the white pearls with my alcohol ink markers.

 After I created my card, my mind went back to when I was watching the Ultimate  Advanced Techniques DVD.  I really wanted to try to make a hinged box that Sara shows on the DVD.  It uses the Boxer that attaches to the Ultimate Crafter's Companion tool. All the directions to create this type of box and others are on the DVD. So I gave it a shot.  It is not perfect, but for my very first box I think it turned out really good.
  

And one more picture of both, my card and my hinged box together:
 
Such an awesome creation to give to someone who is sick and needs a pick me up.  You can add something special inside the box for that someone.

Keep checking  Crafter's Companion  for the new release. See you all next Friday with another sneak peek of another new release......

Thanks for Stopping By,
Dawn

No comments: