Friday, March 9, 2012

Little Ballerina

Hi Everyone!! I am here on this Friday with another sneak peek, this time using the Paintbox Poppets' collection that will soon be available at Crafter's Companion! I used the Ballerina stamp for my card today.


I stamped my image onto cryogen card stock and colored her in using my alcohol ink markers.  I have a habit of creating scenes with my images.  The little ballerina looked like she needed to be on a hardwood floor. I cut out my colored image using a die and then I added some lace and some pearls.

A closer look at my colored image:

I will share a bit on how I made the hardwood floor.

First you take a ruler.  You want to lightly draw a horizontal line where you want the floor to be.  You will then take and draw a vertical line. This will create a corner.  I also took and drew a vertical line to create the wall corner.

Next, you will take your ruler and again very lightly, draw horizontal lines to make the boards of the hardwood floors.  You want to follow the first horizontal line in the way it goes.  The boards closer to you should be a little bit bigger that the ones further away.

Next you start to color your floor boards. You will color the sections closest to where the floor meets the wall darker and go outwards with a lighter color. 

Next, I used my grey markers and very lightly added shadows to create the corner of the wall.  I also used the greys on the area where the floor meets the walls.  This will give you some dimension to make it look like a real wall.  Of course, you could also make the wall to look like mirrors if you wanted to. 


See you all next Friday with another sneak peek of another new release..


Alcohol Ink markers used: R81, R83, R85, R20, E11, E00, E000, E39, E37, E35, E33, E31, E59, W1, W3, W0



Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn B

1 comment:

Jill Norwood said...

Wow - love the stamp, love the floor and wall that you added and all the pretty details of this card! Stunning! I will have to try this sometime! Thanks!