Monday, November 25, 2013

Forest Friends Celebrating

It's time for a new challenge at SP&CO blog. The challenge is "New Technique". We want to see a technique on your creations.  For this challenge I chose to do "3D Paper Piecing".  It was fun to do.
I got the directions from Splitcoast Stampers tutorials.  Check it out and give it a try.

For my card today I used "Forest Friends Celebrating" and sentiment from "Holiday Insides".  This is another cute image from Gill Roberts collection.  I can just imagine what fun the forest friends will have at their celebration.The technique I used is 3D paper piecing.

I stamped my image about 4 times.  I colored different sections of each and then fussy cut the parts out, I left one fully colored and untouched to be used as the base.  I used some pop dots to attach each piece to the main image. Give this technique a try and you will really see your image POP.......

A closer peek at my 3D paper piecing:


Supplies Used:

gems
ribbon and bow
bazzill cardstock


Hope you will come over to the SP blog and check out all the creations from the design team and enter our challenge of a "New Technique".




1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Too, too cute. ... and wonderful coloring too!