Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Designer's Choice Challenge - Repeat Impressions


It's time for a new Challenge over at the House that Stamps Built
The Challenge is called Designer's Choice. 
Here's how the "Designer's Choice Challenge" will work!
All of the fabulous design team members for Repeat Impressions 
will be assigned a Wednesday, and we get to set the 
"theme" for the challenge!  The Theme for this
week's DCC is hosted by Harriet and she is challenging
 all of us to do paper piecing.

For my DCC today I have used the stamp
called "701-K, Belle".  I stamped my image
onto Cryogen Iridescent White card stock for my base.
I then stamped Belle onto brown and pink polka dotted 
card stock.  I cut out portions of the stamped image from each
and layered them on the White base.  I used my 
Spellbinders Parisian Motifs to cut out my stamped image from 
the Cryogen white card stock, and also from brown card stock
(you can't see the brown layer very well, but it is there behind
the white layer).  I then cut out 2 of the Parisian Motifs from
pink card stock.  I then cut each of the pink cut outs
in quarters.  I took and pieced those together behind
the brown layer to add the 3rd layer. I then added some
pink polka dotted ribbon to finish my card off.

Here's a closer look at my paper pieced Belle and the 
Pink motif layer:


Take a peek at what the rest of the DT has created for
this great Challenge. 

DarsieDawn (You are Here)  *  Joy  *  Makiko  *
Lynette  *  Robin  *  Harriet  *  Karen  *  Michele  *

One last peek at my DCC:


So do you think it is too much pink??? or too much
polka dots???

See all the details about this Challenge over




Thanks for stopping by, 
Dawn

No comments: