Friday, June 8, 2012

Bonjour

Hello everyone!! I am here on this wonderful Friday with a card that uses a couple of stamps from the new Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic - French 50's Cafe set. I hope you enjoy it.

I've been searching for some new card designs and I came across one for a Double Z fold card.  I took the directions and modified them as I wanted to make a bigger card.  My card size is 6 inches square. Here is the card with the ribbon tied:


I had an 18 x 12 piece of cardstock laying around, so I used that and cut it to 6 x 18.  I scored my cardstock at 3 in, 6 in, 12in and 15 inches.  You first fold the 2nd score line (6 inch) inward. Then you fold the first score line (3 inch) back (outward).  Repeat on other side of your cardstock on the scored lines. Card base is now done.  Once you have the card base scored and folded, you now can decorate the panels as you wish.  I used my Ultimate Tool for all my scoring. I followed the directions that I found and attached a ribbon to hold the card closed.

Here is a picture of the ribbon untied:


For my focal image, I used the lady walking the dog.  I colored them using the Spectrum Noir markers.  I used one of my dies to cut them out.  I added some pearl swirls and some flowers that I made using the same color cardstock.

And, finally opened:



Hope you've enjoyed this mini tutorial....



See you all next Friday!!!




Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn B

2 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

What a fabulous and beautiful card - TFS

An'Jenic G. said...

Their is the awesome flowers again. I really love the two tone color. I too would like to start making different card folds. TFS AJ~