Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet Stamps Think Spring Challenge

Sweet Stamps Challenge #6 is Think Spring. 
Check out the Sweet Stamps Blog for all the details
on the challenge.

For my card today,  I used the Sweet Stamps Cutwork Roses.
I stamped the stamp onto acetate using Staz on ink.
I flipped my image over to the back, and used my 
Pearl pens to add color. I wanted it to look like
a stained glass window. 
I used my Oval Stacker dies from Cheery Lynn Designs
to cut out my card shape, and to make the frame
for my Roses. 

Here is a closer look at my Roses:
You can see how it looks like stained glass.

This was my first attempt at this technique, and I think
it turned out Great. 

One last look at my card:
Check out Sweet Stamps Blog for more 
inspiration.  And be sure to 
enter our challenge this week.

Challenges Entered:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Die Cuts


Project Recipe: 
Paper: Bazzill, Acetate
Copics: none
Accessories: Cheery Lynn Oval Stackers, Ribbon, Pearl Pens in Salmon, Light Green and Lilac


Thanks for stopping by, 
Dawn

12 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

What a beautiful card! I love the Cutwork Rose on the acetate. Great shape too!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! I love the pearl pens on the acetate and your ribbons give it a vintage feel. Beautiful!

jonim52 said...

Dawn,what a fabulous technique. I agree your card did come out great.

Sandy Fredrick said...

This card is awesome. I love the colors you used and the ribbon around the oval is so unique.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card Dawn! Love the softness of the card as well as the fact that it's an oval! Love the added ribbon as well!!

Dawnll said...

Love that stained glass technique look.
How fun !
This is a great shape to use also for your design.

Arts by Sara said...

Oh Dawn... This is just beautiful! Wow! That is all I can say! You are amazing! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Happy Creating! Sara

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Dawn, Wonderful card I love the effect you have created. Stunning
Hugs
Tamara

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Beautiful card. I love the effect you did on the flowers. Gorgeous bow!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, Great work! You did a fabulous job!

shulsart said...

Dawn, you did a great job making it look like stained glass. I love this stamp, it is perfect for so many different techniques. Lovely card design too!

Kathryn said...

lovely technique, it works really well, thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, K x