Monday, October 1, 2012

Sparkle N Sprinkle October Sketch Challenge

Today is the 1st of October and that means a new Sketch Challenge at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I made a card using the sketch for the Sparkle N Sprinkle October challenge. You are welcome to join and you will be eligible to win a stamp set of your choice! You can see the challenge here. Here is the sketch and my card.

I used Sir Pengie from the Playful Pengies stamp set 438.  I also used Pengie Noel from the same stamp set.  Here is my card:

For the NOEL, I used a technique called "stamping on Glitter" which can be found HERE in the SNS Tips and Techniques section on the blog.  I used the "Sparkling Snow gllitter". It was a pretty fun thing to try and I think I will be doing alot more of stamping on glitter.  I also added glitter to the snowflake that Sir Pengie is holding.  Sir Pengie was stamped and colored 2 times using Copics. I fussy cut out one and popped him up on top of the other colored image to give my card some dimension. I added some ribbon and a bow to finish off my card. For all the specific details of how I made my card, you can go HERE. Hope you have enjoyed my card and have gotten a little bit of inspiration to try this technique.

So get out those SNS stamps or digi's and join in on the Sketch challenge.  Until next time.......


 Happy Stamping!!!!


9 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Love how you stamped on the glitter. I definitely want to try that soon. Such a cute card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

He's one of my favorite SNS's stamps! Love how you made him pop - and I love your glittered NOEL!

Donna Ellis said...

Dawn, I especially enjoy the way you have utilized the ribbon to create the double-triangle feel! Mr. Pengie is perfect with the darling "noel" spelled including a mini version of himself! Really cute card.

April said...

This is so cute! I love all the sparkle. Great take on the sketch!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

WoW, such a fabulous card and love the design. TFS

Keri Brown said...

This is awesome Dawn... I love your glittered circles... :)

Brenda said...

Just love what you did with the Pengie Noel!!! It's glitterific!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Really beautiful card, love how you stamped on the glitter!

Barbara Bruder said...

What a great card. I really love the Pengie that you used.He looks great in the triangle. Stamping on the glitter - looks great. Like how you added the ribbon to accentuate the triangle shape.